Process of buying and selling a home
1. What steps must be taken during the process of buying a home?
The process of buying a house consists of three major steps: the booking, the earnest money contract and the deed of sale.
2. What is the reservation of ownership?
If you have found the home of your dreams, with the reservation you may stop marketing and give the owner time to analyze the economic solicitation.
Monika Rüsch is depository of this amount, giving the buyer the right to transfer it to the owner to formalize the earnest money contract, in case it should be accepted.
3. What information is needed to make a reservation?
To reserve, you must provide us the following information:
Name and ID or NIF of the homebuyer (if a foreigner and doesn’t have the NIE, Passport serves provisionally or identity card from the country of origin but is essential to obtain NIE)
Deadline for deed
Amount to pay earnest money contract.
4. What if they don’t accept the conditions? What about the reserve?
If the reservation is finally not accepted by the property, Monika Rüsch will refund you the cost of it.
5. What is called earnest money contract?
This is a contract signed by the buyer and the seller that sets the price of sale of the property and the maximum term of the deed of sale.
6. What is the amount that is usually delivered as a deposit?
It’s usual to give 10% of the purchase price by way of earnest money.
7. In case of earnest money contract without reaching to sign the deed of sale, what can happen?
If the deed of sale for reasons attributable to the buyer isn’t signed, once signed the earnest money, you’ll lose the quantities delivered. If the same thing happened but for reasons attributable to the seller, the buyer must return double the amount received.
8. I would like to know in more detail what the deed of sale consist.
This is the last step and it happens when the sale of the property is signed before a notary. In this event the remaining amount agreed to the purchaser by check issued by a Spanish financial institution.
9. Who elects the notary to sign the deed of sale?
The notary is chosen by the buyer. If the buyer doesn’t understand Spanish, you must be accompanied by an official sworn translator.
10. What taxes paid the buyer in the deed of sale?
The buyer must pay the costs and fees of the sale, which are:
Notary and management agency
Housing registration in the Land Registry
ITP (transfer tax) amounting to 10% of the sale.
11. What taxes paid the seller in the deed of sale?
The seller of the property must pay the municipal Goodwill and administrative expenses and registration cancellation (if you have a mortgage)
12. I need to know what documents I need to sell my house.
In the following downloadable document you can find useful information about it.
Process rental housing
1. It’s necessary to make a reservation when you rent a property?
Yes, because the rental booking is used to stop the commercialization of the property and allow time to analyze both the (economic, security and duration) supply and documentation provided by the tenant to the owner.
2. When you rent a property, you also have to make a reservation?
When you decide to rent a home and the tenant decides to book the property, we first need to provide the following information:
Name and ID or NIE of the person who will sign the contract (if a foreigner and doesn’t have the NIE, Passport serves provisionally or identity card from the country of origin but is essential to obtain NIE)
Rent – iamount of monthly rent accepted
Guarantees – bonds accepted
Duration of occupancy of the apartment: The current legislation requires the tenant to stay for a period not less than six months and the owner for a period of three years. The tenant must notify the owner the date of termination of the output of the floor, at least one month in advance.
Employment References: copy of salary slips of the last 3 months, if is an employed person or income statement and / or Heritage last year, if is self-employed
Monika Rüsch is custodian of that amount, and the tenant empowered to, in the case of being accepted the offer from the property, can transfer to formalize the lease or the deposit.
3. What if they don’t accept the conditions? What about the reserve?
If the reservation is finally not accepted by the property, Monika Rüsch will refund the cost of it.
4. How important is the down payment on the lease of apartments or houses?
If exists a reservation is not unusual to go directly to the signing of the lease. If the signature of the deposit will be given, this must be stipulated in the contract conditions, review the terms of future lease and the date of signature.
5. The signing of a deposit of a property rental obligations involves what?
For any of the two parts signing the deposit implies the following obligations:
If the tenant, after signing the deposit decide not to stay with the house, lose money paid on account.
If the owner, after signing the deposit choose not to rent this house the tenant must return double the amount received.
6. What payments should perform the tenant at the time of the signature?
Rental amount for the current month
Amount of securities-guarantees agreed. If you made a payment in advance booking or down payment, the amount shall be deducted this concept
ITP (Transfer Tax). 5 for 1000 equivalent of the rental for the duration of the lease. You pay once. Example: 1000 € 36 months (3 years) 5/1000 = 1000 * 36 * 0,005 = 180 €
Agency fees: 10% of the annual rent + VAT. Example: 1.000 € + VAT = 1.2 * € 1,200 + VAT
7. What are the Monika Rüsch fees in rental operations?
The equivalent of 10% of the rent + VAT annuity payable by the tenant at the time of signing the lease.
8. The lease, what is it?
It’s the final step in the process of renting a property. At the time of signature must give the tenant the following documentation:
Copy of lease
Copy of the latest bills supplies
Copy the energy certificate
Copy of the certificate of occupancy
Copy of the keys to the property (2 games minimum)
9. If desired, you can download in your computer the following important information: